Information IconGarbage/Recycling Collection Service provided by Flagler County

The Solid Waste Billing Services was established by Flagler County to provide contract management, billing, and collection services for single-family homes in Unincorporated Flagler County.  These services are contracted with Waste Pro (386) 586-0800.

Flagler County also handles all customer service issues including service problems, recycling bin requests, and program education and outreach.  Feel free to contact their customer service line at (386) 313-4179 for any additional information or visit them at:

Dunes CDD Irrigation Rules

In an effort to meet the need for the District’s irrigation water demand, the District has implemented its Irrigation Rules (PDF | RTF).  However, due to high consumption of irrigation water and limited rainfall, the District may have to implement its Emergency Irrigation Rules (PDF | RTF) at any time.  If the District imposes its Emergency Rules, signs will be posted at the entrances to Hammock Dunes, Ocean Hammock, Island Estates, Hammock Beach, and Yacht Harbor Village stating “Emergency Irrigation Rules in Effect”.  The emergency notice will also be posted on Home Page.

 Information on Reclaimed Water

Dunes CDD processes reclaimed water that is available in your area for certain non-potable (non-drinking) purposes.  Use of reclaimed water for irrigation is a major component of Dunes CDD’s commitment to water conservation and is strongly encouraged by Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) and St. Johns River Water Management District (SJRWMD).  Connection of your irrigation system to Dunes CDD’s reclaimed water may NOT be connected to the potable (drinking) water system. Read more… (PDF | RTF)

Fire Hydrant Maintenance

Routine maintenance and inspection of our water distribution systems are performed on a monthly basis.  It is very important that the fire hydrants are not hidden from view due to overgrown landscaping.  The Flagler County Fire Department requires a clear area of a 6ft. radius around fire hydrants.

Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program 

The Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program (SNAP) is administered by the FWC’s Division of Hunting and Game Management. SNAP is one of five components of Florida’s comprehensive Alligator Management Program. Its mission is to address complaints concerning alligators.

Persons with concerns about an alligator may call our toll-free Nuisance Alligator Hotline at 866-FWC-GATOR (866-392-4286). When someone concerned about an alligator calls the Nuisance Alligator Hotline, we will dispatch one of our contracted nuisance alligator trappers to resolve the situation. Generally, an alligator may be deemed a nuisance if it is at least four feet in length and the caller believes it poses a threat to people, pets or property.

Water Loss Due to Leaks

Did you know that a toilet left running can use up to 30, 000 gallons of water?  Water leaks can be a big problem in the home.  The smallest leaks can run up to 180 gallons in a 24 hour period.  To give you an idea, we’ve provided a Water Loss Indicator (PDF | RTF)for your convenience.

Private Water Wells

The question has been asked if water wells are allowed within the District’s boundaries (Hammock Dunes, Island Estates, Ocean Hammock, Hammock Beach or Harbor Village Marina).  The answer is NO.  For a number of valid public health reasons including potential contamination or cross connection from untreated ground water, individual or private wells are prohibited.  As part of the District’s Comprehensive Water Conservation Program, the District is empowered under Florida Statutes to regulate the installation and operation of wells whether for irrigation, drinking water or any other purpose.  Flagler County Health Department is the permitting and enforcement agency for all wells smaller than six inches in diameter.  The Health Department is aware of the District’s prohibition against private wells and will not issue permits for such wells within District boundaries.  If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact the District Office at (386) 445-9045.

Keep Smelly Bacteria Out of Your Hot Water Tap

Ever wonder why your water smells like sulfur (rotten egg smell)?  It could be from smelly bacteria or sulfur-reducing bacteria (SRB) that grows in hot water heaters.  Find out the best way to test your water and the best way to get rid of them and keep them from coming back.  Attached is an article on How Do We Keep Smelly Bacteria Out of Hot Water Taps? (PDF | RTF)